The theories and concepts regarding virtual reality and the alternative universe have captured our imagination for decades, and still, most people are confused and are not able to differentiate the two terms “Metaverse” and “Multiverse”. The two terms metaverse and multiverse are totally different which means they are not the same but still people connect but for now in this article we will learn the difference between metaverse and multiverse in easy language so that anyone can understand it.
What is a Metaverse?
Metaverse refers to an imaginary world or place in virtual reality where users can interact with each other as same as they do in the actual world but with a touch of virtual reality. In the metaverse, everything happens in real time in a virtual environment. The idea or concept of a metaverse has come from science fiction and gaming, with examples like the virtual world of the OASIS in the book and movie “Ready Player One.” In the metaverse, users can have their own digital assets, avatars, and an environment or place where they can interact virtually.
What is a Multiverse?
The theory of multiverse says that there is an infinite number of parallel universes existing alongside our own. Same as we are living in a universe called the cosmos some parallel universe will also be presented. Each world in the multiverse has its own set of physical laws, history, and events, and it is thought that they are separated from one another, making travel between them impossible. The multiverse has long been a staple of science fiction, but it has recently gained support in the scientific world, with some physicists and cosmologists considering it a viable explanation for the beginning of our existence.
Science had proved that there are many universes and galaxies that are present in endless or infinite. It’s just theory presented till now no practical or tested proof is presented to show people that multiple really exists.
What is the difference between Metaverse and Multiverse?
Well, there can be many points to share while differentiating metaverse here are some key Differences Between Metaverse and Multiverse:
- Definition: The metaverse is an imaginary virtual world created by humans themself, while the multiverse refers to the theoretical existence of parallel universes existing in the real world.
- Origin: The metaverse is made by humans themselves, while the multiverse is believed to be a natural phenomenon that is made by nature.
- Interaction: In the metaverse, users can interact in real-time with each other and in the virtual environment, while the multiverse is believed to be isolated from our own universe, making interaction impossible from one planet or place to another.
- Reality: The metaverse is a virtual world and therefore it’s not less real than the real world exists, while the multiverse is considered a possible explanation for the origin of our universe and therefore just as real.
- Purpose: The metaverse is created for entertainment and commerce to grow technology achievements and make digital interaction real, while the multiverse is a theoretical concept used to explain the origin of our universe it is present for the bigger purpose of life.
We have already covered what is metaverse in our blog, if would like to know more about metaverse then you can consider checking our blog where we talk about Virtual reality, Metaverse, and more.
In conclusion, the metaverse and multiverse are two distinct concepts, each with its own set of characteristics and purposes. In this article, you have learned about the difference between Metaverse Vs Multiverse. If you have liked this post then please make sure to share this article with your friends. Make sure to follow us for more content like this in the future.